Safety is our prime concern before and during flying. To this end we comply with the current Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) drone regulations.
It is useful to summarise regulations here to ensure all operations are both legal and safe:
- The drone must always be in sight of the pilot
- The maximum height above ground level is 120 m
- Can fly close to or over people as long as it’s not a crowd
- If close to an airport (in an Aerodrome Traffic Zone or a Control Zone) permission must be sought beforehand
- Flying must be outside High Intensity Radio Transmission Areas (HIRTAs) & prohibited areas
- The weather must be dry
- Visibility must be > 1.5 km in uncontrolled airspace; > 5.0 km in controlled
- The wind speed must be less than 22 mph
- The temperature must be between 0 and 40 degrees C
- The pilot must be satisfied it is safe to fly
The CAA provide more information on CAP722 regulations and safety.